The Six Dharmas of Vajrasanapada
Bestowed by H.E. Sakya Dhungsey Avikrita Vajra Rinpoche
Sakya Monastery of Tibetan Buddhism
February 18, 19 & 20, 2017
Vajrasanapada the Elder was a great scholar and adept of Buddhist tantric practice in early medieval India. From him originate many practices relied upon in Tibetan Buddhism in general and the Sakya tradition in particular. Of his numerous initiations and instructions, six were so highly regarded for their profundity and efficacy that they were maintained as a rare set of practices by the early Sakya Forefathers. For the first time ever, H.E. Sakya Dungse Avikrita Vajra Rinpoche will bestow the entire set of initiations and teachings at Sakya Monastery.
A practitioner may attend one, some or all of the initiations as desired, but only those who attend all six initiations may attend the special transmission at the end and will receive the full practice texts. We encourage you to register early, as space is limited.
There are several ways you can register:
1. Online (via Paypal) on our website
通過Paypal在 (網站) 註冊
2. By phone, with the Sakya Monastery Office at 206-789-2573. Please have your credit card number ready.
3. By personal check on a US bank, to be mailed to the Monastery
4. In person at the Monastery.
Most of the attendees will be seated on the floor. Please let us know if you require a chair.
When you register, you will need to tell us which sessions you wish to attend. The prices are as follows:
- All 9 sessions: $300 non-members, $220 members
- Individual initiations (Session 8 not available separately): $40 non-members, $30 members
- There is no charge for Session 9, the Long-Life Mandala Offering, but registration is encouraged.
Please phone or email the office at 206-789-2573 or email@example.com if you have any other questions.
Photos from Cremation Ceremony
Here are a few photos from the cremation ceremony for H.H. Jigdal Dagchen Dorje Chang which was held in New Delhi, India on November 11, 2016.
Welcome to Sakya Monastery
Sakya Monastery provides access to the Buddha’s teachings and guidance in a community of practitioners. Sakya Monastery provides a place to learn from highly qualified and spiritual Tibetan Lamas in a beautiful traditional setting.
Here are the best ways for a new person to learn about the practice of Tibetan Buddhism at Sakya Monastery:
- Attend the monthly Orientation - answers the most frequently asked questions.
- Attend the 8:30 am Sunday morning introductory class and the 10:00 am Chenrezi service - open to the public. As we occasionally have special events, please check our calendar for the current schedule: Calendar of Classes and Events
- Review the material on our website.
- Attend a Virupa Educational Institute (VEI) class at Sakya Monastery.
- Attend the 7:00 pm Friday evening Calm Abiding meditation. Free and open to the public.
If you have any questions, please call Sakya Monastery at 206-789-2573 weekdays between 9:00 am and Noon, Pacific Time.